GEB 4905 Independent Study/Internship
What is an internship?
An internship is an entry-level learning experience related to the student's major that will allow the intern to apply his/her academic knowledge, skills and experience to a position, as well as, grow professionally.
Students look for the following in an internship:
- Meaningful and challenging work experience
- Mentored by an experience professional
- Experience related to their major
- Start/end date
- Inclusion into the team and organization
- Evaluation and feedback for their performance
*For a listing of degrees log on to
Over the years we have learned that open communication is one of the most important components of a successful internship. If there are any questions or concerns which arise during the initial planning process or placement, feel free to contact Ms. Toni Ripo, Career Center Coordinator, 941-359-4703 or Dr. Noel Noël, 941-359-4339.